Water Services

Fulton County

Water Services

Water Services

UPDATED January 23, 2023
Fulton County’s Board of Commissioners approved a series of 5% increases in combined water and sewer rates, effective January 1, 2023 with additional increases on January 1, 2024, and January 1, 2025.

The increase will fund continued capital improvements to water and wastewater systems to provide high-quality services to the residents of Fulton County. For more information, visit https://www.fultoncountyga.gov/services/water-services/water-rates

From drinking water to wastewater, Fulton County’s Public Works is committed to protecting our most important natural resource. We gear our operational and educational efforts toward providing the highest quality services to our citizens in an environmentally sound way.



water Services


Do I need an irrigation meter?

When used for irrigation, most of the water does not go back into the sewer to get processed, it goes into the soil. Because of this, Fulton County allows customers to have a secondary dedicated irrigation meter installed which is not subject to the sewer charges. This may represent substantial savings on your water bill expenses during the warmer months.

Customers may apply for a separate irrigation meter by contacting Simone Rolland at (404) 612-0883. The approximate cost for the meter and installation is $2,385.

 I had a water leak. Can I get my bill adjusted?

Adjustments to water and sewer accounts for leaks, that are classified as non-routine and are not preventable by proper maintenance, are available upon qualification. Once the leak repair has been completed, a Leak Adjustment Request Form along with the appropriate repair statement must be submitted for an adjustment to be considered. Click here for more information and to submit your request.

How do I check for water leaks?

The best way to determine if you have a leak in your plumbing system is by first checking your water meter. If you do not know where your meter is located you can call the Water and Sewer Billing and Collections Customer Service at 404-612-6830 to get your meter location.

Make sure no water is being used inside or outside of your house.

Locate your water meter and check the leak indicator to see if it is moving. Depending on the brand of your meter, the leak indicator could be a small triangular shaped dial that rotates when water is flowing through the meter. If the dial is moving, chances are, you have a leak.

Or, you can also take a meter reading and wait 1 or 2 hours and take another meter reading (make sure no water is used during this time). If the reading has changed, you have a leak.

After you have determined that you have a leak, the next step is to determine if the leak is inside or outside of your house.

Locate your home's main shut off valve and shut off the water at the valve. Typically, you will find the shut-off valve in the basement or garage directly behind an outdoor faucet, or outside below an outdoor faucet.

Again, check the leak indicator for movement or use the meter reading method, making sure not to use any water during this period. If the leak indicator stops moving or there is no change in the meter readings, then you have a leak inside of the house. If the leak indicator continues to move or there is a change in the meter readings, then the leak is outside between the meter and the house.

If you are unable to locate the leak, you may need to call a plumber.

Water leakage meter small

How to get my water tested?

Please review the following post to discover how you can have your water tested - Water Testing Service

How much are water tests?

Water samples can also be tested for a variety of purposes. The basic water test checks for pH, water hardness, and the presence of 16 minerals.

Basic Water Test $22

Expanded Water Test $62

How do I receive a credit for filling my pool?

Fulton County offers a one-time sewer service credit to customers for filling their pools. To qualify for a pool fill credit, you must receive sewer service from Fulton County. If the qualifications are met, the credit is applied to the sewer portion of the bill. For this reason, Water Only accounts DO NOT qualify for a pool fill credit. Please note that a pool fill credit is a one-time credit. Exception: If you made repairs to your pool and it was necessary to refill the pool.

To request a pool fill credit please fill out a Pool Fill Credit Request Form.

You will be notified if the request cannot be granted or if additional information is needed. Your request can be submitted via: 

Email: Adjustment.Request@fultoncountyga.gov; or

Fax: (404) 612-0333; or 

In-Person at:

North Location: 11575 Maxwell Road, Alpharetta, GA 30009;

South Location: 141 Pryor St SW, 7th Floor, Atlanta, GA 30303.